Thursday, May 30, 2013

Humidity, Achilles and Twitter...

So, yeah, my Achilles is definitely messed up. Thanks to Bob for taking a look and giving me pointers, exercises, stretches, etc...to heal this stupid heel (I couldn't help myself with that one).
I did go out for a light interval session yesterday. 2 minutes jog/2 minutes walk. Got in somewhere around 1 1/2 miles. Iced the bejesus out of my foot and massage it like mad last night. Will go out again on Saturday for the same. And yes, Bob, I'm doing my stretches and exercises!

Summer finally decided to show it's ugly face. And by ugly, I mean hot and more humid than my hair cares to deal with. I grapple each year around this time with shaving my head so as to not have to deal with the Medusa mop that becomes my hair in the Philly summertime. Thick curly hair and humidity do not a good combination make. And when you add in training... yep. It's a sexy look. Just sayin'
Insomnia is also not a good friend to someone who is training. And unfortunately I've been dealing with that way too much lately. It got so bad that I actually created a Twitter account the other night? WTF was I thinking!?! I don't even understand how to use that. I think it's all due to the Achilles injury.  At least that's what I am telling myself. The lack of being able to train as I would like is driving me mad.

So what is my point in this blog? That when in the midst of a Philadelphia humid summer with uncontrollable hair and an injury during training, one does stupid things like create Twitter accounts...
I can deal with my hair issues, but PLEASE let my Achilles heal quickly b/c I don't want to end up with some other crazy account like Pinetrest (what the hell is that anyway??)...


Peace out,
-M

ps.. It would be really cool if you actually followed or responded to my blog, that way I won't feel like I'm talking to myself, I do enough of that already!

No comments:

Post a Comment